Senior Tax Accountant
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more, or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
- A great opportunity to build on your current tax accounting foundation.
- Grow with a global leader that values collaborative teamwork and personal accountability.
- A dynamic work environment with significant advancement opportunities.
- Provide senior level support in corporate tax compliance, specifically in the preparation and/or review of international, federal, and state income tax returns including any estimate tax payments.
- Responsible for corporate tax projects, including research, modeling, and analysis as necessary, which may include transfer pricing, tax basis calculations, R&D tax credit, and state nexus analysis.
- Assist with tax accounting requirements and reporting including monitoring changes in corporate tax legislation and US GAAP.
- Ensure that the company complies with periodic tax payments, information reporting, and other taxing authority requirements.
- Provide input regarding effects of business activities on taxes, and on strategies for minimizing tax liability.
- Compile and analyze data to create workpapers to support tax filings. Proactively and effectively work with others within the company to gather information. Analyze and understand the information provided. Timely follow up on outstanding items and questions.
- Prepare and/or review multiple federal and state income/franchise tax returns. Have a clear understanding of the underlying data and the mechanics of the returns. Ensure that various tax planning strategies are fully implemented.
- Research income tax laws, monitor income tax law changes, and ensure the Company is always in compliance with the tax laws that are currently in effect.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment focused on continuous technology improvement. Design and update processes and procedures to streamline tax compliance.
- Work with others in the tax department and outside service providers on GILTI, BEAT, and FDII calculations and any other special projects.
- Support tax examinations by federal, state, and local tax authorities.
- Assist internally and with outside service providers on the preparation of annual Forms (e.g., 5471, 1118, 8858) included as part of the Federal Consolidated return.
- Perform calculations of estimate/extension amounts based on information provided from quarterly provisions.
- Ability to apply general knowledge in the absence of oral/documented guidelines related to the Company’s departmental procedures, practices and standards.
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals.
- Must effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently.
- Organized and able to effectively communicate status of work.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of information furnished in written, diagram or schedule form.
- Perform with limited latitude for independent action and judgment within the framework of the job. Verify work in the context of recommendations for action to department manager.
- Maintain a positive attitude and work well with others under tight deadlines.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.