DIRECTOR TAX PLANNING
Key Tax Planning Opportunity in One of the Top Pharmaceutical Companies in the World
We have been retained to identify a critical hire in our client's tax planning team, a $50B+ multinational. This is an ideal role for someone who would be attracted to the following:
- Play a key strategic role in a well established, financially stable company with significant growth potential driven by the new strategic direction of the organization under new, progressive leadership
- Drive sophisticated tax planning strategies for the company while getting exposure to a broad range of areas, including IP planning, transfer pricing planning, and tax controversy.
- Work on a collaborative team consisting of highly skilled tax planners in a department that is both valued and supported by senior leadership.
- Be a central part of the cross-border M&A tax team focused on acquisitions, business development and licensing deals, collaboration agreements, divestitures, and restructurings, including due diligence, structuring, financing, contract review, and post-merger integration.
- Identify, develop and implement strategic tax planning initiatives and coordinate with key stakeholders, including senior management, legal, finance, treasury, operations, supply chain, commercial, regulatory affairs, human resources, and government affairs, to ensure projects are completed timely and properly reflected on the Company’s financials and tax compliance.
- Provide technical leadership, including the application and interpretation of US federal income tax law as it relates to C corporations, consolidated tax groups, and U.S. international tax, including those related to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (e.g., 163(j), BEAT, FDII, expense apportionment).
- Build and manage complex models for purposes of assessing the tax impacts of transactions and strategic initiatives. Communicate the impact of transactions to team members and leadership.
Background needed to be successful in this role:
- 10+ years strategic tax experience in U.S. and international tax planning with a Big 4 accounting firm or major law firm, and in the tax department of a large publicly-held multinational corporate tax department.
- Strong technical knowledge and legal research and writing skills, with experience covering a broad range of complex tax matters.
- Experience with M&A, spin-offs, divestitures, licensing, and collaboration transactions. Familiarity with transfer pricing, tax controversy, financial reporting, and tax compliance.
- Relevant experience developing and implementing cross-border transactions.
- Exceptional business communication skills to effectively relate complex tax issues to senior leadership, build relationships and collaborate extensively with key business partners and stakeholders.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
Contact Natalie Santiago, Executive Recruiter, to learn more about this opportunity on a confidential call: 843-216-6664; Natalie@TaxSearchinc.com
If you are not interested in this role directly please pass this along to any contacts who may be a fit.