Reporting to the Senior & Lead Tax Accountant in the Houston office, the Tax Analyst will actively participate in the corporate tax department responsibilities to ensure compliance with federal and state tax reporting requirements and ASC740 Accounting for Income Taxes, including supporting tax audits as well as accounting during the quarterly close process.
- Assist with preparation of tax information for federal corporate income tax.
- Assist with preparation of State returns, including apportionment data for state income and franchise tax.
- Assist in the preparation of annual Tax Basis Balance Sheet
- Assist in the quarter-end and year-end tax accounting reporting process.
- Oversee work paper preparation of all state and local income and franchise tax returns (stand- alone, combined, and unitary).
- Prepare and review tax depreciation calculation and fixed asset reconciliation for provision and compliance purposes.
- Ensure proper application of ASC 740 and other tax accounting pronouncements, including those related to uncertain tax.
- Review quarterly tax provisions, reconcile current and deferred taxes, and complete schedules for year-end audited statements. Ensure compliance with the financial close cycle calendar in coordination with accounting.
Tax Notices and Audits
- Help maintain proper tax records, reconciliations and work papers to defend tax returns in the event of tax audits, including those related to Federal income tax and state/local.
- Participate in tax audits, assisting with the gathering of information and research of tax.
- Strong team player who is able to work well with others and that is also comfortable working independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Ability to establish, maintain, and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated individual who is dependable and can follow through on all assignments. Strong self-starter with initiative, attention to details and strong organizational skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, with significant competing deadlines. Able to grasp processes and concepts quickly and resolve issues.
- Overtime might be required at various times to meet deadlines and job requirements.
- Assisti with other projects as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or finance preferred. Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of recent Tax Compliance experience in Corporate Income Tax (Federal and state).
- Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to read/wright in English. Ability to analyze and interpret reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and team.
- Mathematical Skills: Knowledge of SAP accounting software desirable. Experience with fixed assets and fixed assets software (SAP and/or SAGE) is a plus.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret written and oral instructions.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Excellent Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K Matching).
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Tuition reimbursement and on-the-job training.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- Committed to quality product and services.
- Great working environment and culture.
- Employee Appreciation Programs and Events.
Mitsubishi verifies identity and eligibility to work of all employees and only US Citizens or Permanent Resident cardholders will be considered for this position.