Newly Created Role at Rapidly Growing Technology Company
We recently concluded a Global Head of Tax search for this dynamic technology company. We have been retained to identify a critical tax hire within this group that will work closely with the new Global Head of Tax on a wide variety of areas, including tax accounting and provision, compliance, planning transfer pricing, and audit. This is an ideal role for someone who would be attracted to the following:
- Opportunity to get exposure to a wide breadth of technical areas while being mentored and developed by the Global Head of Tax.
- Join a genuinely collegial, team-oriented culture that is ingrained into the DNA of the team and organization.
- Work in an extremely profitable company with a highly complex international footprint experiencing significant growth on a global scale.
- Perform quarterly forecast and year-end tax accounting computations, including the analysis of key aspects of international taxation such as GILTI (approximately 30% of the time).
- Assist with all tax compliance matters, including Federal, State and Local and Sales and Use tax returns. Take the lead on managing foreign tax returns compliance in the APAC region. (approximately 30% of the time).
- Support special projects, including transfer pricing, tax planning, purchase accounting related to newly acquired entities and corporate initiatives (approximately 20% of the time).
- Help with managing ongoing tax audits (approximately 20% of the time).
Background needed to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, CPA, or MST preferred.
- Proven experience with US GAAP ASC 740 and tax compliance, as well as exposure to international tax issues such as GILTI and FDII computations and a basic understanding of transfer pricing principles required.
- Experience with creating multi-year tax models is a plus.
- Tax work experience of 6 +years, with a preferred mix of a global publicly-traded company and Big Four accounting firm.