The Senior Associate, Tax Reporting & Compliance is responsible for the preparation and assistance with the review of the Company’s tax accounting and compliance processes, including the preparation, review and filing of federal and state tax returns and related estimated tax payments.
Match Group, through its portfolio companies, is a leading provider of dating products available globally. Our portfolio of brands is designed to increase our users' likelihood of finding a meaningful connection.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will assist in the completion of all ASC 740 (formerly FAS 109 and FIN 48) tax accounting and reporting processes, including the preparation and maintenance of current and deferred tax accounts, tax reserve balances and related workpapers, and the tax related financial statement disclosures as required by US GAAP and the SEC
- You will assist in the completion of all income tax returns for federal and state income taxes and state franchise taxes, including estimated payments and supporting workpapers
- You will follow, maintain, and document accounting and compliance related internal controls and procedures according to SOX 404 guidelines
- You will stay current on tax laws, rules, and regulations and accounting pronouncements impacting Match Group
- You will assist with tax audits issues as necessary, and help with special projects as needed
We could be a match if:
- You have a BS or BBA in Accounting or Finance and a CPA
- You have 2-4 years’ in Big 4 public accounting and/or large, public company tax department
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and OneSource (TaxStream) or other equivalent provision and compliance software
- You have a Masters of Tax (preferred)
What's the team like?
- In this role, you will report to the Director, Tax Reporting & Compliance
- The team is incredibly collaborative and resourceful
- The Senior Associates who succeed on this team have an ability to analyze and solve problems and work in a team environment while building consensus, an ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs, excellent verbal/written communication skills, strong organization & prioritization skills, and a healthy attention to detail
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness!
We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave
Happy Hours and Company events (they are all virtual now, but still a ton of fun!)
We value diversity at our company and will never discriminate based on someone’s race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.