High Net Worth – Business/Tax Family Office Firm Manager
Lower Connecticut & Palm Beach, Florida
12 Great Reasons To Want To Join Vogel & Co. – We believe all 12 and welcome you to ask us why -
- #1 Boutique accounting firm based upon our incredible client base.
- Growth in “no politics/no spin” firm culture in a fast-growing market with a proven niche.
- Develop a sense of awe, humor and pride in your career.
- Unparalleled cross training. No “pigeon holing” of your life and skills. Not for the person that wants to do the same thing day after day …
- Exposure to top level C suite executives unparalleled in today’s business hierarchies.
- Client relationships are long term, stable, sticky, and meaningful. We make a difference to positively impact our and our HNW client lives.
- Develop business/investing skills by working with world class advisors that will benefit your entire life.
- Help HNW families with their intergenerational and philanthropy missions.
- Observe personal interpersonal skills from the world’s most fascinating and talented role models.
- Generous compensation based upon your personal abilities to add value to your client contributions.
- Be part of a talented collective community group that cares with you.
- Primary locations outside NYC and Palm Beach areas – with remote / hybrid work options welcomed to allow employees to live life with the amenities important to them.
Our right candidate will likely be invited by the above to have questions but may not respond quickly online. We welcome you to email George Vogel at email@example.com or to call his cell at 203.505.8944 to ask George to explain more on any of the above.
Standard Summary/ Job Description
At Vogel & Co. we understand the sophisticated financial requirements of high net worth families and place our clients’ welfare at the crux of our business. It is our duty to provide them with conflict free expert advice, exceptional wealth management skills, and unwavering focus.
Our services include high net worth family financial administration, charitable giving, estate planning, legal matters, insurance and taxes (diversified tax matters including private equity, individual, trust, foreign, corporate and partnerships). Our client families have numerous businesses and investments to coordinate.
We provide clients with premier client service, delivering tax compliance and advisory services and implementing tax strategies in alignment with a client’s overall business goals. Our firm’s goal is to provide timely, high-quality service that meets or exceeds client expectations.
We seek a smart, cordial person to be part of our down to earth small firm office team. We offer full, flexible, remote and part-time schedules. We have a casual yet professional office environment with caring intelligent people. We and our client families value people as individuals, their abilities, and their personal efforts.
In summary, we all enjoy working at Vogel & Co. due to our incredible appreciative clients and nice talented team of co-workers. The work is dynamic and enriching. We offer competitive compensation with vast upside in the expanding family office world.
The ideal candidate enjoys accounting, business and tax work with experience with:
- Working with high net worth clients.
- Researching and communicating complex planning strategies effectively to clients and other professionals.
- Dealing directly with the client’s attorneys, taxing agents, wealth management professionals and other third parties.
- Participating in practice development.
- Entrepreneurial client mindsets.
- Project management.
- Assist in preparation of tax returns for wealthy families, trusts, investments, and private businesses.
- General accounting/business management (30%)
- Special financial projects (15%)
- Income tax planning and coordination (35%)
- Budgeting / spending / investment monitoring (10%)
- Management/development of staff, firm administration (as appropriate) (5%)
- Preparation of Basic Quarterly Financial Statements/ Reporting Packages (5%).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Accounting software program experience.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, overall orientation to details, ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, ability to manage client relationships.
- Knowledge of accounting.
- Financial and business “common sense.”
- Ability to research issues independently and timely to resolve client issues.