Senior Tax Analyst
Are you a Tax professional seeking an opportunity to grow your career in a corporate environment while maintaining a work life balance? This role is positioned for an individual who wants to learn and evolve into a leader within the tax organization. You would be joining a dynamic team of professionals with a deep commitment to Kaman. Day to day you will be involved with all aspects of our global accounting for income taxes and tax compliance. You will participate in special projects that include M&A activities and tax planning to support our growing footprint. Kaman is strategically positioned for growth because of our financial strength and reliable business strategies. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, dedicated to continuous improvement and excited to use technology to find efficiencies. In this role you will benefit from a management team who is passionate about your development and is committed to helping you grow your career. What sets us apart is our people and our commitment to our core values.
The Senior Tax Analyst will assist in the preparation of the federal and state corporate income tax returns; quarterly and year-end tax provisions; maintenance of reporting systems used for tax accounting, compliance and planning; assistance with income tax examinations, protests and appeals; and research and planning with respect to various tax matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of federal and state corporate tax returns, including the oversight & preparation of the state estimates & extensions. Includes collecting, analyzing and formatting financial information to ensure adequacy of documentation and propriety of book to tax treatment under the law.
- Assist in federal and state tax examinations, including document requests with subsidiaries, research of audit issues, and preparation of responses for federal or state tax agents.
- Assist in the preparation of interim and annual tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740. Includes collecting data from subsidiaries and utilizing the Corptax software tool to analyze tax sensitive data.
- Administer, maintain and continue developing the Corptax software tool.
- Assist in maintaining the tax calendar.
- Assist tax management on an as needed basis on special projects, planning, research and analysis.
- Strong working knowledge of ASC 740 accounting for income taxes.
- Knowledge of US federal and state tax rules as applicable to a multinational, multistate corporate environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to successfully interact with management and operating personnel within the organization.
- Analytical skills, with the ability to identify and communicate potential tax planning opportunities or exposures to management.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of Corptax software, including Corptax Office
- Knowledge of HFM a plus
- Minimum of 3 years tax experience with emphasis in multistate corporate environment.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or MST a plus