Global Tax Reporting Manager
Houston, TX, US, 77010
The Tax Manager, Global US GAAP Tax Reporting is responsible for the quarterly/annual US GAAP global tax reporting process including the analytical and technical analysis required for US GAAP tax reporting. The manager will be responsible for leading the tax reporting team on various process improvement initiatives and developing the team on key technical tax reporting topics. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Global Tax Reporting.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the quarterly and annual US GAAP global tax reporting calculations and deliverables which include but are not limited to:
- Review and analytical analysis of the Global Effective Tax Rate
- Review and analytical analysis of Cumulative Ending Deferred Balances that are reconciled annually
- Review and analytical analysis of MD&A, Tax Footnote Disclosures and Quarterly Executive Tax Package
- Responsible for ensuring that all consolidating activities within OneSource Tax Provision software are completed, reviewed, and materially accurate
- Responsible for reviewing journal entry postings, tax account rollforwards, and reconciliations
- Responsible for the final review of certain return to accrual and tax basis balance sheet computations to ensure proper deferred tax balances are maintained
- Responsible for the overall review and analytical analysis of various countries which includes maintaining the relationship with the local controller/tax manager and ensuring their deliverables are complete and materially accurate
- Responsible for maintaining SOX controls and ensuring proper documentation
- Responsible for the review and analytical analysis of global FIN 48
- Responsible for the US GAAP tax accounting impact of global and domestic tax law changes, tax reform and/or FASB updates
- Responsible to ensure clear and concise technical memorandum supporting key tax issues are documented including the tax accounting technical aspects
- Assist or take the lead on various special projects as needed, including but not limited to forecasting of the ETR and CTR, Country by Country Reporting Table 1, various transactions, Tax Accounting improvement projects, etc
- Responsible for creating/maintaining key relationships with others within and outside of the tax department in order to ensure expectations and deadlines are met for our stakeholders
- Responsible for managing and developing the team members which includes ensuring each team member has appropriate training, annual goal setting, development plans and ensuring the team has manageable workloads
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 8 years related experience; combination of public accounting and/or public company experience
- Strong leadership skills in coaching direct reports and other team members
- In-depth understanding of US GAAP tax accounting principles
- Proven ability to identify process improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated excellent project management skills and the ability to strategize and prioritize when working on multiple deliverables
- Highly accountable with proven ability to work independently and through team members, think critically and solve problems, and make decisions exercising sound business acumen
- Ability to work cohesively as a cross-functional team member
- Master’s degree (Tax, Accounting, or Finance) preferred
- OneSource Tax Provision, SAP, OneStream, and Alteryx experience are an advantage
- CPA preferred
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential — and responsibility — to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That’s why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world’s most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.