Head of Tax
Upstate New York
Lead the tax function for one of the largest privately owned real estate companies in the country!
We have been exclusively retained by our client, one of the largest privately held real estate development companies in the country, on a critical head of tax opportunity that is open due to an upcoming retirement.
- Rare opportunity to work directly with the key family owners and senior management of the company in a highly entrepreneurial environment
- Lead, manage and mentor a highly supported tax team beneath you consisting of 12 tax professionals
- Complex and challenging tax issues that span a wide variety of areas and ownership with an appetite to maximize planning opportunities for the company
- Play a critical role in tax and business strategy in a highly stable and profitable company with a high retention rate and a low risk of change in ownership
Contact Natalie Santiago, Executive Recruiter, to learn more about this opportunity on a confidential call: 843-216-6664; Natalie@TaxSearchinc.com
Background needed to be successful in this role:
- Must have extensive experience with real estate tax issues including 1031 tax exchanges in a complex in-house environment, public accounting, and/or consulting firm supporting a dynamic clientele
- Experience related to partnership tax as well as Sub C issues is required. Must have multi-state tax knowledge
- Experience with high net worth tax technical issues is preferred.
- Proven track record of leadership and supervisory experience is required
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with senior management
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or related field is required; Master’s degree and/or CPA is highly preferred
If you are not interested in this role directly please pass this along to any contacts who may be a fit.