Head of Tax
This is a rare opportunity to come into an extremely profitable company with a highly complex global footprint and a truly collegial, team-oriented culture that is ingrained into the DNA of the team and organization.
We have been retained by our client, a dynamic technology company that is a leader in its industry, to identify a driven and highly skilled tax professional to lead their tax department. This role is open due to an upcoming retirement and will report directly to the CFO and manage all aspects of the tax function.
- Tax leadership opportunity in an innovative company experiencing significant growth on a global scale
- Unique company culture that is highly collaborative and passionate about the mission and goals of the organization
- Opportunity to lead and develop a team beneath you while still remaining hands on in driving complex tax planning projects
- Work directly with a CFO and senior management that highly values and supports tax
- Provide strategic and operational leadership of the Tax function. Lead company’s strategic tax planning and help initiate, advise and oversee the implementation of high-value tax planning strategies. Identify opportunities to optimize the Company’s tax position and communicate to executive management on a proactive and timely basis.
- Manage international statutory tax work including provisions and international compliance. Review all Transfer pricing structures for compliance. Establish a plan for master file compliance and country-by-country reporting
- Partner closely with corporate disciplines including business development, operations, legal, treasury, and finance.
- Grow and maintain a high performing team by building skills through coaching, mentoring and ongoing training and development
Background needed to be successful in this role:
- Must be a pro-active and action-oriented leader with excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to work in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Extensive global tax experience within a highly complex corporate in-house or professional services environment, ideally including Big 4 public accounting and at a multinational publicly listed company
- Must have strong international tax experience; familiarity with Ireland and China tax issues is highly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of tax accounting and financial statement reporting, transfer pricing, as well as tax planning are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required. JD, Masters in Taxation, MBA, or CPA highly preferred