SWM International, Inc.
Corporate Tax Intern
Apply directly via email to Anna Pulliam at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Responsibilities:
This position will focus on corporate income tax reporting and compliance for both US and Non-US subsidiaries. This role will interface with tax department personnel, accounting and finance departments, other divisional personnel on certain tax matters. Provide support for governmental and financial statement auditors, tax planning projects and accounting requirements. Also, serve as a team member on various tax cross-functional projects when requested.
- To interface between the corporate tax department and its subsidiaries related to certain tax matters with specific guidance and under supervision.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly tax reporting requirements.
- Assist in preparation of the consolidated US federal, state and local corporate income tax returns and, quarterly estimated payments.
- Assist in preparation of separate company and global corporate tax account reconciliations.
- Co-ordinate, document and draft responses to federal, state and local income and transactional tax audit requests and correspondence.
- Assist with the coordination and documentation related to global tax projects and support corporate-wide activities related to planning, cash management and M&A due diligence.
- Support the monitoring of tax legislative changes and perform tax research and documentation necessary for federal, state, and local income and transactional tax matters.
- Assist with projects on corporate tax compliance and reporting matters.
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s program
- Accounting coursework or accounting experience
- Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2)
- Efficient in Microsoft products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good Communications skills
- Proactive and passionate about learning
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.