Senior Tax Analyst - Provisions
Hartsville, South Carolina (Relocation assistance is provided!)
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assume primary responsibility for the preparation of the quarterly ASC 740 provision and related financial statement disclosures.
- In conjunction with the tax compliance group, manage the computation of book tax differences, supporting work papers, account reconciliations, and documentation. Communicate issues and findings to senior tax management.
- Preparation of the tax basis balance sheet for the domestic entity group.
- Preparation of purchase accounting calculations.
- Provide support for or lead various tax projects as needed.
- Build collaborative relationships across the organization.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- At least 6 years of directly related corporate tax provision and compliance experience in public accounting and/or a multinational company.
- Excellent general accounting knowledge and familiar with accounting principles such as ASC740.
- Firm grasp of the US federal and state corporate income tax laws and regulations.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical thinking, writing, and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or taxation; CPA and Master’s is preferred.
This is a progression experience and level will be based on candidate experience and business needs.
Why You’ll Like Working With US:
We care about YOU through employee development, providing excellent benefits, investing in your future and valuing diversity and inclusion.
Sonoco founded in 1899 is a global provider of consumer and industrial packaging products. With annualized net sales of $5.4 billion, we have over 20,000 employees, 300 operations in 36 countries, serving some of the world’s best-known brands. Our greatest strength is our people. At Sonoco, People Build Businesses by doing the right thing. We are successful at developing employees’ natural strengths and providing long term career development and employment stability. We’ve developed a culture where employees feel valued, respected and appreciated.
This position is in a perfect location at our corporate headquarters in Hartsville, SC and close to exciting destinations (Myrtle Beach, SC; Charleston, SC; Columbia, SC and Charlotte, NC). Relocation assistance is provided!