Director of Tax Consolidations
Our client, a $3 billion global company, is building a new tax department and adding this key position based in Chicago. With an extensive international presence and complex structure, as well as expected upcoming M&A transactions, this position promises to be extremely interesting and challenging. Reporting to the Vice President of Global Tax Accounting & Compliance and managing a team of 3 people, you will be able to build this group and make it your own. Additionally, the position offers the following:
- Work with smart people in a collaborative environment where you will have visibility with business units and cross functional teams.
- World class Senior Vice President of Tax that is positioning the department to be a value add.
- Complex global structure which will keep you intellectually challenged and growing technically.
- A culture where everyone strives to improve and opportunities to continue to advance.
- Beautiful Chicago, Illinois location.
- Minimum 7+ overall years of tax experience with a strong emphasis on tax accounting with a large publicly-traded company, including consolidations or experience in public accounting working with large publicly traded clients.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance required, CPA preferred.
- Prefer some International tax accounting and FIN48 experience or a desire to learn in that area.
- Solid background in US GAAP required and IFRS knowledge a plus.
- Experience managing the consolidated tax return process for a large multinational company.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to interface with multiple groups inside tax as well as across functional groups outside the tax function required.
- Experience managing multiple projects and experience managing direct and indirect reports preferred.
If this position sounds like a good fit with your background and interests, reach out to me ASAP.
Stephanie Gilmartin, Director 918-281-3300, email@example.com
We are moving quickly so if this is not a fit, please pass this along to someone you know who matches this profile.