Are you ready to Transform the Tax Department of a Top Global Pharmaceutical Company?
A $50B industry leader has retained us for a critical Executive Director role to lead and manage the 15-person tax operations team. This is an ideal role for someone who would be attracted to the following:
- Opportunity to transform and optimize the tax operations function in a role highly supported by upper management as well as tax leadership.
- Highly visible role overseeing all of the tax accounting, provision, reporting, and compliance, as well as lead the transformation and optimization of the processes, procedures, and systems in each of these areas.
- Ideal role for someone looking to join a company with new progressive leadership that is adopting a new strategic direction for the organization with significant potential for growth.
- Lead and manage all aspects of U.S. tax reporting and tax compliance while evaluating opportunities to minimize the ETR and cash taxes while managing risk.
- Redesign the tax provision and compliance processes through proactive identification and implementation of improvements for process simplification, standardization, and technology solutions creating operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provide technical leadership in federal, state, and international taxes with an emphasis on Subchapter C, consolidate return rules, and U.S. tax reform (163(j), BEAT, FDII, and expense apportionment). Refine the U.S. tax reform model and revise related processes.
- Assist M&A with acquisition integration, divestment analysis, entity rationalization, etc. Provide U.S. transfer pricing and U.S. tax controversy support as needed.
- Build and maintain close working relationships across various corporate and business functions throughout the organization.
Background needed to be successful in this role:
- Extensive tax accounting, reporting, and compliance experience in a large publicly held multinational and/or Big 4 accounting firm.
- Proven ability to design and implement streamlined tax provision and compliance processes and technology solutions.
- Strong technical experience in accounting for income taxes, comprehensive understanding of tax reporting of complex transactions, and solid tax technical knowledge related to Subchapter C.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience is highly preferred.
- BA in Accounting or related field required; advanced degree (MST or JD) is highly preferred.
- Strong leadership and management skills as well as exceptional business communication skills to relay complex tax issues to senior leadership.
- Strong proficiency with tax technology (experience with OneSource is highly preferred).