Camillo Properties is actively seeking a Tax Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to engage in a broad range of tax issues for a rapidly growing private company with a Family Office and a growing portfolio of single-family, multi-family and commercial real estate properties. This role is responsible for assisting the VP of Tax with tax planning & compliance for partnerships, individual and estate & trust taxation.
- Responsible for tax planning initiatives
- Formulate strategies to minimize tax liabilities
- Serve as the subject matter expert in real estate tax issues.
- Ownership of tax compliance and tax accounting processes
- Research tax legislation, statutes, regulations and rulings and formulate responses
- Model short and long-term tax forecasts and perform sensitivity analyses.
- Manage tax budgets.
- Work closely with other accounting and operational areas to provide tax advice
- Adhere to the company’s values–Trust, Community, Diversity, Value, Innovation & Improvement
- Support company vision and mission
- Adhere to established work schedule, attendance standard and is punctual to work and meetings
- Assist the VP of Tax and perform other special projects as assigned.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations, including intellectual properties, by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by assisting other Teams as needed
- Achievement oriented, Act Today, Not Tomorrow
- Ability to build positive rapport with individuals at all levels of the organization, as well as outside the company.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and a strong customer-focused demeanor with demanding clientele.
- Excellent time management skills, detail-orientation and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and proficient in English. Must be able to articulate needs and convey information verbally and in writing effectively with employees, customers, supervisors, and co-workers throughout the organization.
- Able to work in an equitable, inclusive, and diverse environment. Camillo Properties is committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity, including hiring talent from all backgrounds.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field required
- CPA and Masters in Tax preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experience; Real estate and Partnership tax experience a plus
- Knowledge of trust taxation and estate planning a plus
- Property tax and sales tax experience a plus
Camillo Properties builds, leases, and manages new and recently constructed single family homes and townhomes across Texas. You can find our homes throughout greater metropolitan areas of Houston, San Antonio, Dallas / Ft. Worth, and Bryan/College Station. At Camillo Properties, we are focused on providing our customers with quality living with the ease of leasing directly from us rather than a third-party which enhances our customer’s experience. Our staff takes pride in providing great customer service to our residents and their families.