Sr Analyst - Tax
Las Vegas, NV
Job Title: Sr Analyst - Tax
Department: Corporate Tax
Position Code: CRT032
Classification: Salary Overtime Eligible
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Key Performance Objectives
- Supports the execution of internal operational improvement opportunities and strategies
- Key Responsibilities
- Prepares federal income tax and state income tax returns (including but not limited to consolidated returns, separate corporate returns, estimated tax payments, and employee benefit plan returns)
- Prepares sections of the quarterly and annual tax provision and accounting for uncertainty in income tax analysis
- Creates work papers and electronic files that support related tax accounting and tax compliance outputs
- Supports Tax Director in gathering and organizing information to respond to audit document requests and proposed adjustments
- Works to develop an understanding of laws and regulations that carry implications for tax reporting
- Support Tax Director in coordinating with other organizations within LVS to exchange necessary data needed for preparation of tax filings
- Communicates regular updates to keep Tax Director informed on status of reporting work, internal improvement involvement, and workload
- Performs work with adherence to the standards, protocols, and policies of Global Tax
- Communicates career goals and development interests to Tax Director to identify training opportunities
- Safety is an essential function of this job.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Company Standards of Conduct
All Las Vegas Sands Corp. Team Members are expected to conduct and carry themselves in a professional manner at all times. Team Members are required to observe the Company’s standards, work requirements and rules of conduct.
- 21 years of age.
- Proof of authorization to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, tax or equivalent work experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years accounting and/or tax experience in a corporate environment or Big Four or major/medium sized accounting firm.
- The individual must be proficient at excel and have experience performing tax research.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and other Team Members of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to:
- Physically access all areas of the property and drive areas with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts.
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with guests, management, other team members, and outside contacts.
- Ability for prolonged periods of time to walk, stand, stretch, bend and kneel
- Work in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to, CRT, noise, dust, and cigarette smoke.