Sr Manager - International Tax
Las Vegas, NV
The primary responsibility of the Senior Manager – International Tax will be to provide day-to-day oversight for tax compliance and income tax accounting related to the U.S. implication of international operations (including but not limited to U.S. Foreign Tax Credits, Subpart F, GILTI, BEAT, FDII, Transfer Pricing, information returns and income tax allocation calculations).
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Las Vegas Sands Corp.’s policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the execution of internal operational improvement opportunities and strategies.
- Maintain an understanding of ongoing International-based work and priorities within Global Tax.
- Communicate regular status updates to Tax Leadership and to the Global Tax Team on key reporting activities.
- Coordinate with other departments within LVS to exchange necessary data needed for preparation of tax accounting and tax compliance outputs.
- Serve as preparer or reviewer of reporting outputs of international aspects of federal income tax returns (GILTI, FDII, BEAT, transfer pricing, U.S. foreign tax credits, subpart F, and income allocation calculations).
- Serve as a reviewer on all income tax-related reporting outputs for the Company’s non-U.S. subsidiaries including quarterly and annual tax provisions and accounting for uncertainty in income taxes analysis.
- Prepare or review work papers and electronic files to ensure they support related tax return or reporting output.
- Research and perform analysis of international tax reporting issues.
- Support Tax Leadership in preparation for audit inquiries and gathers information in response to document requests and proposed adjustments as appropriate.
- Actively maintain an understanding of laws and regulations that carry tax reporting implications.
- Monitor and supports the application of industry best practices in SEC and ASC 740 reporting and tax operations.
- Perform other related duties as directed by Tax Leadership.
- Safety is an essential function of this job.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Company Standards of Conduct
All Las Vegas Sands Corp. Team Members are expected to conduct and carry themselves in a professional manner at all times. Team Members are required to observe the Company’s standards, work requirements and rules of conduct.
- 21 years of age.
- Proof of authorization to work in the United States
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Tax, Finance or equivalent work experience required. Master of Tax and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years corporate tax experience or BIG 4 accounting firm with minimum of four years of international tax experience.
- Strong U.S. tax technical skills including limitation calculations, transfer pricing and tax research.
- Experience preparing consolidated tax returns for publicly traded companies required along with experience preparing tax provisions for U.S. Security & Exchange Commission (SEC) filings.
- Solid Financial Accounting Standard (ASC 740) experience required; experience in international tax required. Strong understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) readiness essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and other Team Members of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to:
- Physically access all areas of the property and drive areas with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts.
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with guests, management, other team members, and outside contacts.
- Ability for prolonged periods of time to walk, stand, stretch, bend and kneel.
- Work in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to, CRT, noise, dust, and cigarette smoke.
Job Segment: Accounting, Manager, Tax, CPA, Finance, Management