Analyst, International Tax Compliance
Apply Now or submit your resume confidentially to email@example.com
The Analyst will work with U.S. based tax team on tax issues related to operating, financing, and holding companies in various countries as well as analyzing matters in the areas of tax planning, tax accounting, IRS audit, and tax compliance for Yum! Brands.
- Prepare complex US tax returns for domestic and foreign subsidiaries (Forms 1120, 1120-F, 5471, 8858, etc.) including calculating E&P, Tax pools, stock basis, actual and deemed dividends (Subpart F, Section 956, PTI, etc.) within the OneSource Income Tax software environment.
- Prepare US tax forms related to the formation and legal entity status of foreign companies (Forms 8802, SS-4, 8832, W-8, etc.).
- Assist in the computation of components of the foreign tax credit, including expense allocation and gross income basketing
- Assist in collection and processing of tax data from international markets.
- Assist in ongoing improvement and maintenance of international compliance tax and permanent files.
- Research & provide guidance for certain tax technical areas, including preparation of annual memorandum to support compliance positions.
- Utilize knowledge of JDE, HFM, and other financial systems to build data queries and/or reports on an as needed basis to support tax processes and calculations.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting or Taxation
- CPA certification, or willingness to pursue certification
- 3-5 years experience in tax, ideally with exposure to international tax matters. (Level at hiring is dependent on experience.)
- Significant experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Prefer some combination of public accounting and multinational industry experience.
- Experience with Hyperion, JD Edwards, and OneSource Income Tax desirable.
Yum! Brands, Inc., has over 50,000 restaurants in more than 150 countries and territories, making it a leader in global retail development primarily operating the company’s brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. The Company’s family of brands also includes The Habit Burger Grill, a fast-casual restaurant concept specializing in made-to-order chargrilled burgers, sandwiches and more. In 2019, Yum! Brands was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and in 2020, the company ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media.
As the world's largest restaurant company, we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world's most loved, trusted, and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled culture and talent, which fuels our results. To that end, we're looking for talented, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join us and have the opportunity be your best, have fun, make friends, and make a positive impact.
We are excited about the future growth of our brands. In fact, as a company we are opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide! This growth creates endless opportunities for professional, as well as personal growth. Customer sentiment and love for our brands is the fuel for our excitement! Taco Bell has been named one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company. Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world, KFC's still uses its 75-year-old finger-lickin' good recipe, including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day, and the Habit Burger Grill is looking to expand its regional footprint across the country.
Check out some of our great benefits:
• 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays
• 2 paid days off per year to volunteer
• Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
• Onsite dining center (yes, you can eat KFC, Taco Bell or Pizza hut every day!)
• Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, concierge
• Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
• Tuition reimbursement, education benefits and scholarship opportunities
• Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
• Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
• 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
• Comprehensive medical, vision and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
• Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round
• Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Company paid life insurance
• Grow Yourself Week which is devoted to your personal development