The Tax Manager participates with Director of Tax in planning, coordinating, and delivering the System’s tax services. Leads, educates and monitors assigned staff in operational procedures, tax and information return planning, and customer service. Identifies and implements opportunities for process improvement.
- Applies key financial/tax concepts and analysis to decision making. Develops and implements actionable work plans with measurable outcomes. Continually assesses and reallocates resources to meet demands, including making professional judgments on the need for outside consulting and resources.
- Takes primary responsibility for research on tax issues; keeps informed on pending tax legislation and its impact on Carilion. Understands the scope and reach of all aspects of Carilion’s 990s and for-profit tax returns.
- Delivers efficient, consistent, accurate, and timely services, with an eye towards cost-effectiveness. Recognizes and acts on opportunities for growth and improvement to advance Carilion goals. Uses project management principles to accomplish goals, seeks out appropriate resources and proactively anticipates change within the market, industry, and organization. Aligns services with the mission and vision of Carilion. Translates Carilion goals into department specific objectives and priorities.
- Inspires enthusiasm and builds support for projects. Attracts, selects, develops and retains qualified employees and is effective in using developmental planning to expand employee skills and abilities. Serves a diverse group of customers, both internal and external.
- Coordinates, schedules, and assists with delivery of all tax services.
- Makes recommendations to senior management on productive tax and 990 strategies to represent Carilion’s interests and mission, manage exposures, and appropriately manage and limit tax burdens.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting or 8 years of equivalent experience.
Experience: 5 to 7 years of experience in accounting or tax services as appropriate, with previous management and/or healthcare experience preferred.
License, Certification, and/or Registration: CMA or CPA designation, or exam qualification preferred, but not required.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Must accommodate frequent, non-negotiable deadlines. Frequently juggles multiple priorities. Must maintain client service approach while maintaining organization’s overall interests. Good working knowledge of PCs and office equipment. Knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing and tax software. Requires excellent writing, interpersonal and analytical skills.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 82315
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CASB - Carilion Administrative Services Building
Shift Details: 9-5
Recruiter: DAVID L NIVEN
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4057
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.