Corporate Tax Manager
Are you a Tax professional with a high level of ambition and drive but also value a rewarding and successful personal life? This role is positioned for an individual who wants to learn and evolve into a leader within tax and the broader finance organization. You would be joining a dynamic team of professionals with a deep commitment to Kaman. Day to day you will be involved with all aspects of our global accounting for income taxes and tax compliance. You will participate in special projects that include M&A activities and tax planning to support our growing footprint. Kaman is strategically positioned for growth because of our financial strength and reliable business strategies. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, dedicated to continuous process improvement and excited to use technology to find efficiencies. In this role you will benefit from a leader who is passionate about your development and committed to helping you grow your career. What sets us apart is our people and our commitment to our core values. Learn more at Kaman Core Values | Kaman
- Manage the activities required for the timely and accurate filing of all federal and state income tax returns.
- Preparation of interim and annual financial tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740. This includes working across businesses and functions to ensure collection of tax sensitive data and analysis.
- Provide continuous process improvement support to ensure the tax process flows efficiently and effectively. Work with various subsidiaries finance groups and other internal resources to maintain existing data flow and provide ways to improve data flow.
- Monitor legislative changes in tax laws that may impact company's tax positions.
- Develop and maintain a complete understanding of the tax internal controls environment and update controls as business developments.
- Assist VP Tax on special projects, planning, research and analysis.
- Assist in managing and coordinating tax audits.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or economics required, CPA and or MST Preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years tax experience in a multinational, multistate corporate environment or public accounting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intellectual curiosity, dedication to continuous improvement and an appetite for technology.
- Demonstrated project management experience with proven ability to produce deliverables while managing competing deadlines and priorities.
- In-depth knowledge of ASC 740 accounting for income taxes.
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. Federal and State corporate tax concepts.
- Ability to analyze changes in tax laws and regulations which affect the company.
- Experience with International calculations (GILTI, FDII) a plus.
- Experience with Corptax provision and compliance software a plus.