Are you looking to have lasting business impact on the direction of your professional environment? Do you enjoy developing others, refining processes, and leading out in your area of expertise? Do you thrive in an environment that calls for your best professional self while enabling you to live the lifestyle you desire? Then this opportunity might be for you!
We at Jamison Hanson LLC in Salem, OR are looking for a
Director of Tax
to join our executive leadership team.
We are a growing firm of ambitious tax, retirement, and wealth advisors passionate about serving our clients. Many of our services go beyond those offered by a ‘traditional’ CPA firm. We love what we do and who we get to work with, and we are looking for a strong and equally passionate leader who wants to become part of our mission.
The Director of Tax is a newly created role that became necessary as a result of our growth and that will have huge strategic impact on the future direction of the firm. You will be part of the executive leadership team, working closely with the owner on strategic and operational matters and leading out the further development and integration of all tax-relevant activities.
In this role you will:
- Oversee all relevant tax matters within the firm
- Manage a staff of about 10 dedicated tax professionals, serving as technical expert, trainer, leader, and overall team player
- Serve on the executive leadership team and contribute operationally and strategically to the firm’s growth
- Participate in the development and refinement of the firm processes, systems, and services
- Form deep relationships with team members within the firm and the clients served
What you bring:
- 10+ years’ experience preparing and reviewing business entity, fiduciary, estate, and individual tax returns
- CPA or JD
- Master/LLM of Taxation or other relevant advanced degrees are a plus
- Relevant leadership experience
- Can-do mentality and hands-on approach to day-to-day business
The origination of new client work, while acknowledged as a valuable contribution to the firm, is not a requirement for this position. You will not be expected to use evenings, weekends, or other personal time to sell the firm’s services.
Firm benefits include health, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA, 401k, continuing professional education, and paid time off. This position will require the candidate’s physical presence at our office, especially at first. As familiarity with other team members, processes, and systems increases, it will be possible to also work remotely.
Interested? Let’s talk! Please schedule a time to speak with the firm’s owner Steven Jamison using this link to his calendar: https://calendly.com/stevenkjamison. A resume will eventually be helpful but is not required for an initial conversation.