Build Your Career. Build America’s Future.
Vulcan Materials Company (Fortune 539) is the nation’s largest producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of aggregates-based construction materials including asphalt and ready-mixed concrete. When you join Vulcan, it’s more than starting an exciting career – you get to make a difference for millions of people every day across the country.
When you join Vulcan, you join a dynamic culture in which career development is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. No matter the role or the location across the country, every member of the Vulcan team lives through the Vulcan Way: doing the right thing, the right way, at the right time.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide day-to-day, time-sensitive tax support to company management on business transactions and initiatives to optimize tax savings and minimize tax risk for the company; consult frequently with VP, Tax, and external advisors
- Participate in strategic business and tax planning initiatives covering all aspects of the company’s U.S. and foreign operations
- Monitor legislative changes and their application, favorable or unfavorable, to Vulcan’s business
- Prioritize project management and quality, detailed deliverables; prepare and organize detailed work files and document action items and conclusions for tax compliance and accounting functions
- Provide well organized verbal or written summaries of technical positions to both VP, Tax, and company management; facilitate and contribute to meetings with company personnel and/or outside advisors
- Be responsible for timely execution of federal, state, and international income tax projects including federal, state, and international audit support.
Skills You’ll Need.
Education. A bachelor’s degree in Accounting; a current CPA license is expected; an advanced Tax degree is a plus
Experience. 8 to 12 years of experience working in a large accounting firm or large public company environment; significant experience in corporate federal income tax matters is required including business transactions (e.g., stock and asset), accounting for income taxes, and complex tax research; experience with industry tax issues (e.g., depletion and like-kind exchanges) is preferred; experience with state income/franchise and international tax matters (e.g., GILTI, subpart F, transfer pricing) is a plus
Other Skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate and simplify complex tax technical concepts and rules into layman terms that are easily understood by non-tax executives including strong analytical writing and problem solving skills; willingness and confidence to question existing processes; ability to collaborate and work effectively with external advisors and with tax and other company personnel to attain optimal results.
Technology Skills. Highly proficient in computer applications, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, email, and internet functions; business application experience such as Oracle is a plus.
Integrity. Act with unyielding integrity and honesty in business transactions, promoting company policies and holding self and other employees accountable, keeping promises and commitments.
What You’ll Like About Us:
Great Company Culture. Our people share a competitive drive for excellence in an environment of trust, teamwork, open-mindedness, and communication.
Safe. Industry leader in health and safety standards. We are committed to creating a safe work environment and protecting all employees and customers.
Meaningful Work. What sets us apart is the work we do impact daily lives – and every employee contributes. Our aggregates produced are used to build roads, schools, hospitals, airports, and housing throughout the United States.
Health Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision programs, plus much more.
Rest and Relaxation. Paid vacation, personal floating days, and paid holidays.
Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with company match and contribution.
Training and Development. We see our development programs and helping our employees meet their goals as a key part of our business.
Vulcan Materials Company is committed to employing a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. You also have the right to be free from discrimination for medical needs arising from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions