Sr. Manager, Domestic Tax
Moderna is seeking a Senior Manager, Domestic Tax to join our Tax team in Atlanta, GA. This role is an exciting opportunity to be a critical part of Moderna’s growing Tax team, supporting a high-growth organization that is radically changing the biotech industry. Reporting to the Associate Director of Tax, the Senior Manager, Domestic Tax will assist with the preparation of the tax provisions for the group as well as assisting with direct and indirect tax compliance obligations.
Moderna’s Enterprise Solutions Hub will formally open in midtown Atlanta in late spring 2022 and will provide enterprise solutions to the organization. Moderna's Hub in Atlanta will initially focus on delivering finance, human resources, procurement and digital solutions. Moderna is expecting to hire approximately 150-200 full time employees in the Atlanta Hub over the next two years.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
Prepare and review quarterly and annual tax provision computations and responsible for domestic items such as return to provision true-ups, monthly tax account reconciliations and roll forward, uncertain tax positions and U.S. tax basis balance sheet proof
Apply income tax reporting guidance under ASC 740, ASC 718, FIN 48, etc. to determine the appropriate tax accounting given different fact patterns
Perform tax analysis and reporting as it applies to the Company’s financial forecast and business plan
Manage external service provider and support the preparation of the U.S. federal and state income tax returns and build the compliance process, calendar and network fling system
Assist with the indirect tax compliance function in preparing and coordinating sales tax and other indirect tax returns
Support U.S. federal and state audit requirements including responding to tax notices
Participate in special projects and ad-hoc analysis in support of department and company initiatives
Participate in special projects and ad-hoc analysis in support of department and company initiatives.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
Bachelor's degree or higher in one of the following (Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, Taxation, or a related field), and/or a JD or LL.M. in Taxation
8+ years of direct tax compliance, tax accounting, and tax audit management experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm or multinational company, preferably in biopharma or life sciences industries
Ability to operate in a fast paced, ever changing environment, excellent prioritization skills
Strong organizational skills, able to multitask, strong work ethic, and ability to meet deadlines
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Self-starter and team player
Excellent MS excel skills and experience with large datasets
Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
SAP experience, big plus
High ethical standards, integrity and strength of character in his/her personal and professional dealings and a willingness to act on and be accountable for his/her decisions
A desire to be part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative.
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary winter shut down
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Interested candidates should apply directly via our Careers page. We look forward to connecting!