Lead Tax Analyst
Ask your questions confidentially or submit your resume to email@example.com.
Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Lead Tax Analyst based at our Cleveland, OH headquarters.
Who you are:
- An individual of high-performance standards, who strives to attain those standards, takes initiative, and demonstrates commitment to the organization and your profession.
- An energetic, highly motivated team player who can work in a fast-paced environment and will have a positive influence on the Tax Compliance team.
- A proven Tax Professional with a thorough understanding of accounting/ U.S. GAAP principles as well as a basic understanding of corporate tax.
- A desire to learn the intricacies of corporate taxation and apply the acquired knowledge.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills with a natural curiosity to research and solve problems
- A detail oriented, self-driven individual that can work independently and part of a team.
- A problem solver focused on streamlining work and creating efficiencies.
- Someone who’s able to take the lead role among tax analysts in federal compliance activities.
What you will do:
Corporate Federal & State Tax Compliance:
- Take lead role among tax analysts in tax compliance activities
- Analyze and recommend tax return positions
- Collect general ledger information and data from operations for analysis and for processing
- Prepare tax returns utilizing tax software and document filing positions
- Maintain compliance with calendar deadlines.
- Compile and analyze multiple-location apportionment information
- Develop initial responses to all state audit inquiries
- Recommend and research solutions to tax issues
Tax Accounting and Forecasting:
- Prepare tax provision calculations, monthly and year-end as appropriate
- Prepare current and deferred income tax liability accruals, monthly and year-end
- Prepare detailed quarterly forecasts of State tax provision, tax balance sheet, and tax cash flow amounts
- Prepare estimated tax payment forecasts and calculations
- Maintain tax general ledger accounts in coordination with Corporate accounting
- Preparation of year end schedules and workpapers in support of the public company audit
- Meet financial reporting calendar deadlines primarily with respect to federal and state requirements
Tax Research and Special Projects:
- Maintain and expand technical knowledge, industry knowledge, and strategic contacts
- Be aware of company operations through strategic partnering
- Make value added recommendations by researching tax issues and presenting recommendations to management
- Perform special assignments as assigned by tax managers or tax director
- Guide, instruct, and monitor workflow for tax analysts.
- Assist with adhoc research and presentation of solutions for sales and use tax matter in support of the operating divisions
What you will need:
- 4-year Accounting Degree, CPA or MBA preferred, with continued education and experience
- 6 years of experience in corporate tax compliance with 3 years in a corporate tax role.
- Knowledge of corporate federal and state laws.
- High level of proficiency in general ledger and financial statement reporting.
- Knowledge of OneSource software for tax provisions and tax return preparation.
- Experienced in using fixed asset software, Microsoft Office Suite, SAP.
- Elevated Critical Thinking Skills
Who we are:
Hyster-Yale Group (HYG) has been building relationships and partnering with customers, suppliers, dealers, and employees for over 90 years. Subsidiaries of Hyster-Yale Group include Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC, an alternative-power technology company focused on fuel-cell stacks and engines, and Bolzoni S.p.A., a leading worldwide producer of attachments, forks and lift tables under the Bolzoni®, Auramo® and Meyer® brand names.
What we offer:
Hyster-Yale Group offers competitive pay, tuition reimbursement, supportive work environment, hybrid work option, and opportunities for growth and development. A full benefits package: paid time off; medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, employer-sponsored profit sharing and 401(k).