Sr. Analyst, Tax
Arlington, VA / Solon, OH / St. Louis, MO
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
The tax department is a part of the Nestle finance organization responsible for all tax matters affecting the US operations, and is involved in all important mergers and acquisitions, treasury, and business structuring decisions. The tax department is a collaborative organization which works closely with legal, legislative affairs, treasury, accounting, human resources and business operations. The US personnel may be asked to assist other tax professionals globally on cross jurisdictional initiatives as well as the global tax functional leaders in Vevey, Switzerland.
• Prepare federal income tax returns including supporting workpapers
• Assist with preparation of quarterly and annual tax provision, including tax-related financial statement disclosures
• Identify and document book-to-tax differences, reconcile tax filings to tax provisions, and test deferred tax balances
• Assist with preparation of Form 5471s, 5472s, 1042s, 1120Fs and other misc. filings
• Support tax planning, controversy and compliance groups
• Assist with special federal and state tax compliance projects
• Preparer memorandums to support tax return filing positions
• Identify and assist with tax technology initiatives and process improvements
• Assist with electronic document and business record retention projects utilizing SharePoint
• Other duties as assigned
• 4-6 years of federal tax compliance and general tax experience
• Tax Provision experience a plus
• BA/Accounting related degree or CPA; Masters in Tax Preferred
• Experience working with financial accounting systems including SAP and Hyperion
• Strong Excel skills and knowledge of ONESOURCE tax software
• Self-motivated, team player/collaborative
• Detail oriented while also being a strategic thinker with a “can do” attitude
• Highly organized with excellent project management skills
• Up to 30% business travel