Senior Tax Analyst
Ask your questions confidentially or submit your resume to email@example.com.
Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Senior Tax Analyst based at our Cleveland, OH headquarters.
Who you are:
- A proven Tax Professional with a thorough understanding of accounting/ U.S. GAAP principles as well as a basic understanding of corporate tax.
- An individual of high-performance standards, who strives to attain those standards, takes initiative, and demonstrates commitment to the organization and your profession.
- An energetic, highly motivated team player who can work in a fast-paced environment and will have a positive influence on the Tax Compliance team.
- A desire to learn the intricacies of corporate taxation and apply the acquired knowledge.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills with a natural curiosity to research and solve problems
- A detail oriented, self-driven individual that can work independently and part of a team.
What you will do:
Corporate Federal & State Income Tax Compliance:
- Analyze and monitor general ledger information collected for tax computations.
- Lead the preparation of tax return support workpapers, corporate proformas, and consolidation.
- Monitor the completion of quarterly federal and state estimated tax payments and extensions.
- Investigate and document federal and state tax return filing decisions and law changes.
- Work with government tax officials to ensure tax calculations are accurate and submitted timely.
- Validate multiple location apportionment information.
- Monitor state notices and audit requests
- Oversee annual report filing and compliance.
- Review elements of the quarterly income tax provision calculations.
- Prepare schedules for public reporting and external audit.
Tax Research and Special Projects:
- Perform adhoc research in support of domestic indirect tax function such as sales, use, and payroll tax.
- Stay up to date on new tax codes.
- Ensure internal policies and guidelines are prepared in compliance with fiscal laws.
What you will need:
- 4-year Degree in Tax, Accounting, or Audit. CPA or MBA preferred, with continued education and experience
- 2 years of experience in corporate tax compliance in industry or accounting firm.
- Online tax research database and tax preparation software
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suites.
Who we are:
Hyster-Yale Group (HYG) has been building relationships and partnering with customers, suppliers, dealers, and employees for over 90 years. Subsidiaries of Hyster-Yale Group include Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC, an alternative-power technology company focused on fuel-cell stacks and engines, and Bolzoni S.p.A., a leading worldwide producer of attachments, forks and lift tables under the Bolzoni®, Auramo® and Meyer® brand names.
What we offer:
Hyster-Yale Group offers competitive pay, tuition reimbursement, supportive work environment, hybrid work option, and opportunities for growth and development. A full benefits package: paid time off; medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, employer-sponsored profit sharing and 401(k).