Manager, State Taxes
WE ARE BUILDING SOMETHING GREAT!!
This newly spun-off U.S. multinational is looking for an ambitious candidate who wants to develop into a world class tax professional. You will be challenged to be an integral member of a best in class, award winning tax department (we have three Taxologist of the Year winners on staff!!).
Reporting to the Senior Manager, State Taxes, this role will be responsible for executing the Company’s state and local tax compliance and tax provision while supporting planning, controversy and business changes.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage US state compliance process and review the preparation of state income returns as prepared by Co-Sourced tax advisor.
- Maintain the state tax provision calculation and coordinate with the tax accounting team for tax provision support.
- Mentor, develop and lead tax professionals in the state and local tax group, as well as others in the Vontier Tax Team.
- Perform tax research, preparation of technical memorandums, drafting correspondence to tax authorities related to state audits and notices.
- Provide technical assistance and strategic direction on our various state tax positions.
- Understand and advise on state tax implications of tax planning initiatives and business changes.
- Support state tax controversy matters, including but not limited to notice and audit resolution.
- Support the development and implementation of state and local tax planning initiatives that are aligned with the overall goals of the Company.
- Review state tax credits including incentives for job creation and/or qualifying investments
- Monitor changes in state tax laws, regulations, and decisions that could impact the Company.
- Advise the Operating Companies on issues related to indirect taxes.
- Manage the annual reports process in collaboration with a third party provider.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of state and local income tax experience in public accounting, combined with experience in-house at a multinational corporation, a plus.
- CPA required, MBA or a Master in Tax preferred.
- Experienced in identifying, analyzing, and resolving complex state tax issues.
- Detailed technical knowledge of state tax law and the ability to apply such knowledge in a strategic and compliant manner.
- High level of demonstrated technical proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint); Alteryx experience a plus.
- Successful working independently and as a member of a team.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and can work with agility in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build effective relationships with other finance staff/groups, outside departments, and consultants.
- Desire and ability to contribute to the continuous development of the Team through knowledge sharing.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to convey complex matters with simplicity and clarity to non-experts across the company.
- Positive demeanor together with strong interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of an organization with the ability to explain sophisticated tax concepts to internal business partners.
- Excellent research, strong documentation, and technical writing skills.
- And a burning desire and passion to be part of something GREAT!!
WHO IS VONTIER
Vontier is a $3B global industrial technology company focused on smarter transportation and mobility. Our six operating companies—Gilbarco Veeder-Root, Global Traffic Technologies, Teletrac Navman, Matco Tools, Hennessy Industries, and DRB Systems—are united by a powerful purpose: mobilizing the future to create a better world. Our portfolio of trusted brands includes market-leading expertise in mobility technologies, retail and commercial fueling, fleet management, telematics, vehicle diagnostics and repair, and smart cities. Vontier’s pioneering solutions advance safety, security, efficiency, and sustainability worldwide."Vontier Corporation and all Vontier Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law."
Energized by our shared purpose and values, we have a strong culture shaped by a deep organization-wide commitment to inclusion, diversity, and equity (ID&E) and environmental, social, and governance (ESG). Eight vibrant global employee resource groups serve as powerful focal points for connection, community, and advocacy, and we actively support community causes through Vontier Cares. We offer flexible remote and in-person, open-space work options.