Boston Scientific Corporation
Principal Analyst, Global Tax Structuring
If you are looking for an International Tax Planning role within corporate that will not only provide you with sophisticated global tax planning work, but also an environment where you can continue to grow and work with a smart and dedicated tax team, you might be a good match for this position. If you value the right technical development combined with the right culture, get in touch ASAP. Submit any questions surrounding the role confidentially to JoAnne Rapchuck.
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information, and training, we’ll help you advance your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
Manage and execute a broad range of global tax planning projects that optimize the Boston Scientific Corporation organizational structure to drive significant value. Projects shall include analysis of intercompany relationships and capital structures, legal entity rationalization, acquisition structuring and integration, business changes and changes resulting from tax law developments and audit outcomes. Understand the company’s business, organizational structure and supply chain and build relationships both within and outside of tax to identify structure change opportunities. Collaborate across the tax organization.
**This will be a hybrid position (2-3 days in office).
- Plans and organizes global tax structuring projects of substantial variety & complexity, coordinating multifunctional teams within the company, gaining alignment and providing leadership to businesses, regions and functions.
- Perform tax technical analysis to ensure proposed ideas are sound from a U.S. International, local foreign and state and local tax perspective.
- Collaborate across the tax organization to understand the tax accounting, effective tax rate and cash impact, tax reporting and controversy impact of structure changes
- Lead project execution by creating a project plan, assigning tasks, managing resources, identifying risks and contingency plans, identifying and resolving issues and providing status updates
- Ensure projects are completed within the agreed upon timeframe and budget and that results are measured
- Prepare audit-ready technical memorandums and documentation related to projects and ensure E&Y alignment
- Proactively stay apprised of legislative developments, both within the U.S. and outside the US and determine impact to the company’s structure and recommend changes where appropriate
- Provide support for merger and acquisition initiatives, including due diligence and structuring for contemplated transactions
- Manage local country tax planning initiatives, assist with local country audit responses and compliance obligations
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or a related field; CPA or MST preferred
- 6+ yrs. experience working in a corporate tax department and/or public accounting
- Solid foundational knowledge in U.S. International and local foreign tax planning including transfer pricing. state & local income tax planning is a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to multi-task, coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines within a faced paced environment
- Ability to build relationships cross-functionally and influence people and results
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully as a member of a team
- Ability to work without appreciable direction