Global Transfer Pricing Tax Assistant Manager
LyondellBasell is committed to the betterment of society by providing more sustainable products for our customers; aligning our suppliers' values with our own; embedding diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace; and getting all of our workers home safely every day. We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results.
We offer a competitive base salary, short term bonus plan, 401 K matching program up to 6%, pension plan, employee stock purchase plan and a generous benefits package. In addition, the Company's Global Remote Work Policy allows employees the option to work up to two days a week from home.
The Assistant Tax Manager, Global Transfer Pricing, is responsible for the America’s transfer pricing and will assist with other global transfer price matters. The Assistant Tax Manager will be the lead contact for America’s transfer pricing matters with local country tax managers as well as key business contacts. The Assistant Tax Manager will be part of a team of four and will report to the Manager, Global Transfer Pricing who is located in The Netherlands.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with the various business segment leaders including:
- Reviewing and coordinating transfer pricing guidelines to ensure consistency and that the guideline meets arms-length principles
- Frequent touchpoints with the business to ensure the transfer pricing team is brought into new transactions up front to assist with the transfer pricing design
- Review the intercompany transactions for the applicable regions and/or segments responsible for including:
- Independently review and test the transactions to determine whether adjustments are necessary to the transfer price guideline and ensure changes are executed accurately and timely
- Monitor intercompany transactions and identify opportunities to enhance the transfer price setting
- Assist in reviewing and managing the intercompany service charge process including:
- Reviewing the calculation inputs for necessary updates on an annual basis
- Reviewing the calculation and invoices that are prepared by accounting to ensure the charges are properly marked up and that the expenses are properly allocated amongst legal entities
- Ensuring that proper documentation is maintained real time to support the charges in case of a future audit request
- Assist in preparing the America’s transfer pricing documentation including:
- Ensure full compliance with the transfer pricing rules and documentation requirements of the local jurisdiction, such as the IRC section 6662 documents.
- Perform detailed analysis on the transfer pricing methods employed and evaluate whether such methods are appropriate.
- Assist in reviewing and maintaining contemporaneous audit-ready transfer pricing documentation for certain jurisdictions, such that the documentation complies with the relevant transfer pricing requirements and supports tax-return positions so as to withstand audit inquiries.
- Manage and Review the Country by Country Reporting Filing requirements including managing others that are involved in the preparation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with others from finance, tax, and the supply chain organization to stay informed with changes that could impact the internal transfer prices applied and/or processes
- Assist in handling tax audit requests for any transfer pricing information requests.
- Assist in maintaining SOX controls and ensuring proper documentation is timely executed. This also includes maintaining updates as needed, quarterly SOX validation, etc.
- Assist in identifying and implementing new tax requirements and policies based on enacted tax laws
- Lead and/or participate in internal and external training sessions
- Prepare clear and concise technical tax memoranda.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a corporate tax environment or large accounting firm.
- Demonstrated expertise in transfer pricing knowledge and related processes
- Proven ability to work independently, think critically, and make decisions exercising sound business judgement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Highly self-motivated; takes initiative; identifies and addresses issues; works efficiently with attention to detail
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Proven ability to identify process improvement opportunities
- Must be able to perform technical research and write tax technical memorandums
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to work cohesively as a cross-functional team member
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- BEPS Action Manager, SAP, and Alteryx experience are an advantage