Continental Properties is looking for a Tax Manager to join our team at our home office in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
As a Tax Manager you will plan, supervise, review and complete tax compliance work for a multiple entity Private Equity firm. You will work with the Tax team to facilitate several activities associated with tax and compliance. This role will provide you the opportunity to develop technical knowledge in federal and state taxation and work for a dynamic real estate company that cares about your work/life balance. The Director of Tax will be your supervisor and provide you support as you acclimate to our company.
We are embracing a hybrid working environment and you can work both in the office and remote.
- Review taxable income analysis, investor allocations, and tax forms prepared by third-party tax firm to ensure that accurate partnership tax documents are delivered and that we remain in compliance with federal, state, and local filing requirements.
- Must be proficient with Form 1065 and Form Schedule K-1 filings. Experience with Form 1120S and Form 1040 would be appreciated, but not required.
- Complete investor projections and compliance work, including direct contact with outside investors
- Assist with tax planning and estimating and monitoring annual cash tax obligations
- Support federal and state audits and tax notices
- Oversee multiple state compliance work and prepare fixed asset accounts
Skills for Success:
- 5+ years of experience in partnership tax preparation with experience in real estate
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Always looking to gain efficiency and implement process improvements
What Sets Us Apart:
Continental Properties is a great place to work, as evidenced by our consecutive Top Workplace awards. Here are some of the reasons that our team members vote for us as a Top Workplace:
- A company culture that encourages innovation and empowers team members to act as leaders by providing the opportunities, training, and tools essential to achieving a successful and meaningful career
- Industry-leading compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan options, flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement, 6-weeks of paid parental leave, 401(k) with company match and company provided life and disability insurance
- An excellent work environment with potential for long-term growth in the industry, paid professional memberships and professional activities (conferences and workshops) and a tuition and certification reimbursement program
- Paid holidays and lucrative vacation time; half days on Fridays during designated months
- Participation in our Building Above and Beyond (BAAB) incentive program that rewards team members based on the success of the company as measured against clearly defined goals
- For team members who are interested, informal offsite gatherings and company sponsored lunches on a monthly basis
- Frequent communication from executive management, including interactive quarterly lunch discussions on strategic progress and an annual "State of the Company" meeting
- 6-weeks paid parental leave with family-forming & fertility benefits
- On-demand mental health support and an employee assistance program
- You Belong Here Committee focused on promoting and inclusive and equitable work environment
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities.
For the benefit of our residents, the communities we serve, and our co-workers, all applicants are required to pass a post-offer criminal background check prior to joining the Continental team INDEEDCP