Send your questions and/or resume directly to Karen Thomas at email@example.com or apply online.
Yum Brands, Inc.
Sr. Tax Analyst
The Sr. Tax Analyst will be responsible for the reviewing of federal, state and local income tax returns, including extensions, estimated payments and amended tax returns. The Sr. Tax Analyst will execute and review monthly, quarterly, and annual procedures around tax fixed asset depreciation. The Sr. Tax Analyst will also be asked to assist with helping the year-end provision process by preparing select permanent and temporary differences including substantiating tax vs book fixed asset basis difference for the global tax provision.
- Reviews all aspects of the U.S. consolidated income tax return in Onesource Income Tax (“OIT”) software.
- Assists with gathering tax return information and providing responses to third party service providers.
- Reviews tax depreciation and amortization reports to ensure accurate reporting of net tax value as well as depreciation and amortization expense.
- Assists in the preparation and/or review of the global income tax provision in Onesource Tax Provision (“OTP”) software at year-end.
- Monitors federal and state legislative changes impacting the Company.
- Supports Tax Controversy team during federal and state audits.
- Serves as OIT and OTP software champion for day-to-day issue resolution as well as maintenance and improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CPA certification
- 5+ years of experience in tax ideally with exposure to both domestic and international tax matters
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (managing large data files, vlookups, pivot tables)
- Proficient in Tax Technology Solutions preferably for Income Tax (OIT) and Accounting for Income Taxes (OTP)
- Must be fully vaccinated subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law. Proof of vaccination required on start date
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational habits
- High motivation, intellectual curiosity and willingness to “do what it takes” to get the job done
- Ownership mindset on work products – will proactively go deeper on a problem vs. doing exactly what was assigned
- Ability to switch between multiple priorities and to function in fast paced environment