Senior Analyst – Tax Resolutions
Marlborough, MA, US, 01752
Submit your resume or questions confidentially to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you looking for a role in a dynamic company with upward mobility potential? Are you interested in working with multiple tax issues and multiple taxing authorities while being supported by a diverse tax and finance group? Do you want to work for a company where tax is valued by upper management? Do you want to minimize taxes to fund medical solutions that transform lives? If so, this role may be the perfect fit for you. If you would like to learn more before applying, you can reach out confidentially to Natalie West, Director of Tax Resolutions, at Natalie.West@bsci.com.
Caring * Meaningful Innovation * High Performance * Global Collaboration * Diversity * Winning Spirit
A career with Boston Scientific is more than just a job. It’s personal. As a leader in medical science, we’re committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. If you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, courage and spirit to make a meaningful difference, there’s no better place to build your career.
About the role:
The Senior Analyst, Tax Resolutions will work closely with management in the defense and favorable resolution of federal and state tax examinations and agency interactions. This position interacts with internal team members on tax issues such as transfer pricing, mergers and acquisitions, international issues, and other tax compliance issues. The role will assist in the planning and risk analysis of tax positions.
How you will do it:
- Serve as company liaison with taxing authorities for examinations and inquiries. Initiate and prepare prompt and accurate responses to IRS and state IDRs and similar inquiries
- Coordinate with various departments in the company to plan for future information requests
- Research and develop technical tax issues for federal and state examination responses
- Analyze alternative outcomes to potential examination issues, including modeling scenarios, and make recommendations to management
- Review the risk of positions and understand the uncertain tax positions of the company
- Prepare federal and state amended income tax returns and carryback claims
- Work with internal and external resources on domestic tax savings opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships with others in the company including Legal, Accounting, HR, etc. to facilitate information gathering and understanding of the business
- Support other tax groups on forecasting, planning, compliance and tax accounting
- Contribute to department initiatives and suggest and/or implement process improvements
What qualifications will help you do it:
- BA/BS in accounting with 4+ years of federal tax experience either in public accounting or a corporate tax department
- Knowledge of federal and state income tax matters including an overview of the Tax Cuts and Job
- Understanding of ASC 740
- Ability to operate effectively in a dynamic, deadline driven environment
- Self-motivated, independent worker, strong accounting and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and strong organization skills
- Computer skills (SAP, Excel, Hyperion) and tax research skills
About Boston Scientific:
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.