Manager, Tax Operations/ U.S. Tax Reporting Team - State Income Taxes
Submit your questions or resume confidentially to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The person who will be most successful in this role is high performing, passionate about learning, and interested in opportunities to grow with long-term upward mobility. If this sounds like you and you want to work for a company where tax is valued throughout the organization, we’d love to hear from you! If you want to learn more before applying, you can reach out confidentially to Kim D’Agostino at email@example.com
Caring * Meaningful Innovation * High Performance * Global Collaboration * Diversity * Winning Spirit
A career with Boston Scientific is more than just a job. It’s personal. As a leader in medical science we’re committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. If you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, courage, and spirit to make a meaningful difference, there’s no better place to build your career.
About the Role:
We are seeking an inclusive, high performing individual to develop and grow within the Company’s Tax and Finance organization. This manager role is a key position on the Tax Operations team with a primary focus on U.S. state income tax reporting and related planning matters. As a visible member and leader on our team, this role will require effective communication and collaboration with the accounting, forecasting, structuring and related teams within our Tax department. It will also support the broader Finance organization and commercial business units and offers an opportunity to be involved with special projects and related business initiatives.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Plan and lead the state portion of the U.S. income tax return and tax provision processes.
- Coordinate the preparation and review of the Company’s state income tax returns in a paperless environment and participate in the broader review of the U.S. federal income tax return on a selective basis.
- Coordinate the preparation and review of quarterly and annual state ASC 740 and effective tax rate calculations for the Company’s U.S. operations as part of the overall financial reporting and close processes and provide support to team members preparing other aspects of the U.S. provision.
- Initiate and direct tax research projects and monitor new tax legislation and regulatory changes affecting the Company. Assess impact and document/communicate findings to management.
- Collaborate with team members to create and maintain auditable workpapers and supporting documentation in anticipation of the Company’s financial statement and IRS audits as well as internal SOX reviews.
- Develop and maintain internal and external business relationships/resources to help coordinate and streamline completion of tasks/projects and raise awareness to proactively respond to changes in the business (e.g. acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations, etc.).
- Represent team as primary contact on complex tasks and projects. Plan, organize and administer project assignments and schedules. Champion the completion of departmental projects and goals in a project leadership capacity.
- Help drive the Company’s continuous improvement initiative via identification and implementation of process improvements.
- Participate in the development and mentoring of employees by sharing expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Taxation or Accounting; Master’s Degree and/or CPA preferred
- 6+ years of related work experience in public accounting and/or within a U.S. based multinational corporate tax department
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in U.S. federal and state taxation, including proficiency with state tax impacts of the laws related to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- Significant experience with ASC 740 and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficient to advanced Microsoft Office 365 skills preferred
- Experience within Corptax, Onesource, SAP, and HFM, a plus
- Proven ability to operate in a dynamic, deadline driven environment
- Enthusiasm for building relationships cross functionally and collaborating as a member of a high performing team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and project management skills
About Boston Scientific:
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.