Tax Analyst - Compliance
Textron is one of the world’s best-known multi-industry global companies including product offerings in aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care, and fuel systems. Textron is recognized for its powerful brands such as Bell, Cessna, Beechcraft, E-Z-GO, Arctic Cat, and many more. As a global company with a worldwide presence supported by 35,000 people in more than 25 countries - talent is a top priority. We are committed to building world-class teams and developing core competencies while providing great growth and career opportunities.
Responsible for review and analysis of income and franchise tax compliance, including: interpreting and applying the laws of US federal and all fifty states as well as various municipalities for multiple companies.
- Preparation and review of non-complex federal/state income as well as state franchise tax returns in compliance with statutory requirements. Assist with preparation of more complex federal and state tax returns.
- Preparation of supporting tax schedules and technical forms.
- Assist with federal/state income tax audits as needed.
- Assist with research projects and resulting technical memo write-ups documenting conclusions.
- Respond to tax correspondence with various tax agencies.
- Develop income tax accounting and income tax compliance skills as well as research skills.
- Assume responsibility for completion of other tasks as assigned.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to comprehend income tax accounting theory and tax compliance laws.
- Demonstrated ability to be accountable for independently completing assignments.
- Experienced with Excel and income tax preparation software.
- Basic understanding of U.S. Internal Revenue Code and ASC 740.
- Open to future career development opportunities within Textron.
- Bachelors in Accounting required.
- Prior internship/tax experience strongly preferred.
- Masters in Taxation preferred.