Vice President, Tax/ Senior Tax Analyst
Prides Crossing, MA
Send your questions and/or resume directly to Danielle Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org
Affiliated Managers Group, Inc. is a global asset management company with equity investments in a diverse group of independent active investment management firms. Our website is www.amg.com.
Entrepreneurial. Collaborative. Community-Focused. Highly Motivated. Intellectually Curious. Agile and Creative Problem Solvers. These traits characterize AMG’s culture – and we are looking to attract talented new team members who share these qualities and seek to build a long-term career among a community united by their collegial partnership orientation, ownership mindset, and disciplined execution in our collective pursuit of excellence.
Our strategy is to form unique and innovative partnerships with independent asset management firms around the world – we exist to help make these great firms even better. And, just as we act as catalysts for our partner firms’ growth ambitions and success, we invest in our people, our most valuable asset, generating some of our strongest returns as we work together to help each individual reach their highest potential. AMG provides cross-functional opportunities to flex your entrepreneurial spirit, expand your skillset, and grow as a professional; every team member is integral to our success. We also care deeply about the communities in which we work and live; our organization is further defined by our commitment to giving back through charitable giving and opportunities to volunteer.
We are a community. Join us.
Vice President, Tax/ Senior Tax Analyst
AMG is looking to add a curious and capable Vice President of Tax or Senior Tax Analyst to its Tax department. The successful candidate will join a department of dedicated and experienced tax professionals, and will gain exposure to federal, state, international, corporate, and partnership tax matters. The position will be integral to our global tax compliance, provision, and reporting processes. Working closely with team members, the successful candidate will be involved in running our tax software system and the models, data used to monitor and report our global tax positions and compliance. We use Corptax for our quarterly tax provision and compliance processes. Our structures involve partnerships, so experience with tax attributes of partnerships is preferred. We have a global presence, so experience with international compliance is also preferred.
Support tax team in aspects of tax provision and financial reporting including:
- Forecasting annual effective tax rate and recording quarterly tax provision in accordance with ASC 740-270
- Calculating annual tax provision in accordance with ASC 740
- Managing tax provision workflow with Corporate Accounting and Affiliate Reporting peers
- Preparing quarterly and annual SEC disclosures, including income tax footnote and other tax disclosures
- Maintaining central inventory of tax return positions and ASC 740-10 (FIN 48) analysis
- Assisting in maintaining and improving ICFR controls and documentation
Support the tax team in all aspects of compliance including:
- Assist in managing global (federal, state, local, and foreign) tax compliance process and filing obligations, working with external service providers, and leveraging internal resources to complete filings timely and efficiently
- Assist with foreign compliance items including local returns, estimated tax payment calculations, and country by country reporting requirements for various jurisdictions
- Complete other compliance processes, including tax information reporting and withholding
- Assist with federal, state, local, and foreign tax authority inquiries and audits
- Participate in internal working groups as a tax resource for problem solving, risk management, and innovation
- Participate in special projects and department initiatives
Requirements and Skills
- The successful candidate will have 4 to 8 years of corporate tax compliance and provision experience, and a bachelor’s or other degree in accounting; Big 4 public accounting firm experience and a CPA is strongly preferred
- Experience with partnerships and/or international compliance is a plus
- Self-starter with orientation toward continual improvement of processes and commitment to delivery of consistently high-quality work product
- Experience with and/or an appetite for integrating technology solutions to streamline processes and reduce risk
- The candidate must be highly motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- The candidate must be able to adapt and change gears quickly, if necessary
- Desire to work in dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Robust and competitive benefits package, including comprehensive health and dental plans, 401(k) employer match and profit-sharing, and hybrid work schedule. Annual philanthropic gift-matching.