Send your questions and/or resume directly to Kim Gardner at KGardner@wescodist.com
We are seeking a Tax Accountant to focus on International Taxes. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with Wesco’s tax compliance, audits, tax provision, and tax planning.
- Gather data and complete calculations required to prepare US Federal or State tax forms related to your assigned team including maintenance of a comprehensive tax calendar of filing obligations to ensure filing obligations are timely and accurately met. Assist in handling related notices and audits by tax authorities.
- Develop knowledge of OneSource tax compliance software and coordinate with outside service providers to complete assigned tax forms.
- Assist with tax planning with respect to internal reorganizations, intercompany financing, distributions/repatriation modeling, etc.
- Research and document positions are taken in the tax returns, including the preparation of written memoranda.
- Maintain, update, and enhance tax work plans and processes for compliance and financial reporting.
- Become proficient and utilize current technology/software solutions, such as Alteryx, Orbitax and others, to create data preparation and analysis efficiencies.
- Monitor developments in tax law specific to your assigned team and assist in implementing changes required to comply and/or adapt to new laws/requirements.
- Ensure compliance and maintain internal controls under Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 for the tax compliance and planning processes ensuring no significant deficiencies or material weaknesses.
- Coach, train, and mentor junior staff including interns or less experienced Tax Accountants.
If assigned to international tax team the following would apply:
- Assist with analysis and modeling of all aspects of U.S. international taxation, including foreign source income and expenses, GILTI, FDII, Subpart F, Section 163(j), and foreign tax credits as required for the income tax provision, tax compliance, and tax planning.
- Identify and report intercompany transactions for country-by-country reporting and mandatory disclosure requirements.
- Coordinate with foreign tax and accounting staff to gather and review foreign entity information utilized in US tax compliance and reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree - Accounting, finance, or related required
- CPA certification preferred
- Experience within the tax field (1 year required including internships, 3 years preferred)
- Knowledge of accounting theory, principles, and practices and their application
- Knowledge of pertinent tax laws, codes, and regulations
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong office and computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to research and analyze a variety of information
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Assembly of data and preparation of reports