We are seeking a Tax Manager to focus on Federal Income Tax, State Income Tax, and Tax Provision. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with Ricoh’s tax compliance, audits, tax provision, and tax planning.
- Gather data and complete calculations required to prepare US Federal or State tax forms related to your assigned subsidiary including maintenance of a comprehensive tax calendar of filing obligations to ensure filing obligations are timely and accurately met. Assist in handling related notices and audits by tax authorities.
- Develop knowledge of OneSource tax compliance software and coordinate with Ricoh Accounting and Finance Organization to gather data to complete assigned tax returns.
- Gather Data to complete calculations and prepare quarterly interim and annual tax provisions for assigned subsidiaries.
- Research and document positions are taken in the tax returns, including the preparation of written memoranda.
- Maintain, update, and enhance tax work plans and processes for compliance and financial reporting.
- Become proficient and utilize current technology/software solutions, such as Alteryx, Onesource, and others, to create data preparation and analysis efficiencies.
- Monitor developments in tax law specific to your assigned team and assist in implementing changes required to comply and/or adapt to new laws/requirements.
- Ensure compliance and maintain internal controls under Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 for the tax compliance and planning processes ensuring no significant deficiencies or material weaknesses.
- Manage R&D and WOTC Tax Credit Calculations and coordinate with outside service providers data gathering information from internal Ricoh personnel to complete calculations and assigned tax forms.
- Bachelor’s Degree - Accounting, finance, or related required
- CPA certification preferred
- MS Taxation preferred
- Experience within the tax field (5-7 years preferred)
- Knowledge of accounting theory, principles, and practices and their application
- Knowledge of pertinent tax laws, codes, and regulations
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong office and computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to research and analyze a variety of information
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Assembly of data and preparation of reports