R&D Tax Credit Director
$120,000-$170,000 | 100% Remote | No Travel
The R&D Tax Credit Director is responsible for managing R&D Tax Credits from start to finish and is responsible for identification, calculation, qualification, and documentation related to single-year and multi-year Credit claims. This is a new division of Corvee and you will be empowered to help set up and create the structure for our new product line, the R&D Tax Credit.
This position is intended to immediately support the R&D practice by working on active client engagements in all four phases of the study process including quantification of credit amounts, qualification of projects through participation in client interviews, and substantiation through technical drafting and deliverables. Candidates should have experience with the Federal R&D Tax Credit allowable under Internal Revenue Code Section (IRC) Section 41.
An insight into what you will be doing day to day includes:
- Analyze and review eligibility requirements to determine if the client’s project will be considered qualified for the R&D credit.
- Coordinate and obtain key inputs and documentation needed to implement the R&D tax credit across federal and state jurisdictions.
- This includes organizing and analyzing project information including job costing, timesheet data, ledger information, and expense detail for each client (payroll, supplies, etc).
- Utilizing Corvee software to help calculate IRC Section 41 research credit and determine requirements for controlled group rules as well as prior year look-back opportunities. Prepare client tax credit calculations and data analysis through the use of Corvee software.
- Effectively communicate with clients on status and questions they may have in a timely manner and with a solution-oriented approach.
- When the time comes, we will look to you to help build and lead a team of new tax preparers and tax advisory services professionals (staff, seniors, managers). With this role being the first hire in this new division, you will be both doing and reviewing engagements of the R&D specific engagements.
- Coordinate & work alongside the tax and engineering software teams to ensure feedback is provided while utilizing the Corvee software and provide opportunities and suggestions to improve the software overtime.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- CPA, EA, or JD required
- 5+ years’ experience preparing/reviewing R&D Tax Credit Studies is required
- Minimum of 7 years supervisory experience in public accounting, including the review of tax returns, provisions and accompanying work papers, and supervision of staff assisting in the preparation of client deliverables.
- Enjoys being ‘hands-on’ and truly ‘owning’ the strategy and processes
- Passion for fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environments
- Maintain an ego-free environment to help focus on solving the problem and developing solutions that will work for the long term.
Working At Corvee
We’re proud of our amazing high-growth and this is all due to our best and most important asset: our team!
If you’ve got passion and enthusiasm for a product and a desire to come to a fast-growing fintech company to make an impact, we’ve got the perfect opportunity for you!
- Unlimited PTO Package
- Company equity (Participation Units)
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- 100% Paid Health Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Awesome Co-Workers!
Corvee is a 100% #remote company, and will continue to be digital-first.
We won't be changing our minds and going back to an office. Team members want flexibility, balance, and the freedom to work from anywhere, and we fully support that.
An Equal Opportunity Employer--M/F/D/V
Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.