Rare State Tax Planning Leadership Opportunity at a Fortune 200 Company
We have been exclusively retained by our client, a leader in its industry that we have worked with extensively in recent years, on a key leadership role in their state tax planning function. This individual will lead and drive sophisticated tax planning strategies and have succession planning potential to lead all of State Tax for the organization in future years.
The ideal candidate will value the following:
- Challenging and diverse state tax planning work in a highly acquisitive and complex company.
- Join a best-in-class tax function where tax has a seat at the table and is highly valued by upper management.
- Opportunities for career growth and promotion in a company that is #1 in its industry with a market cap of over $150B and is based in a highly desirable location.
- Identify and implement value-added state income tax planning opportunities in support of the day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Develop and implement tax-efficient M&A structuring initiatives.
- Participate in nationwide legislative monitoring efforts, including the identification, tracking, and analysis of key state and local tax legislation.
- Identify and obtain state credits and incentives and conduct other tasks such as documentation for FIN48 purposes, document and contract reviews for tax considerations and support various state and local tax audits.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, business leaders, and external advisors to identify and implement state tax planning strategies.
- Strong multi-state tax technical experience in both unitary and standalone filing jurisdictions within a law firm, public accounting, and/or complex and acquisitive in-house environment.
- An in-depth understanding of apportionment factor concepts and how state tax issues impact financial statements is required.
- Tax M&A experience, including experience in due diligence, is highly preferred.
- Experience in federal tax and Sub K is a plus.
- Must be a diligent, self-driven team player with a high degree of creativity and intellectual curiosity capable of bringing strategic tax planning ideas to the table.
- Must have excellent project management skills and be willing to take initiative and drive tax planning projects independently.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively within tax and with non-tax technical teams.
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field is required; CPA, MST, JD, and/or LLM is highly preferred.
Want to learn more about this opportunity? Contact me directly to schedule a confidential call at 843-216-6664 or at Natalie@Taxsearchinc.com