Senior Tax Analyst
Send your resumes/ and or questions to Denise Robinson
This is a Unique Opportunity to join a growing Real Estate and Credit private equity firm with tremendous upside, and you’re getting in at the right time. You’ll be able to grow your tax technical and industry experience and the sky is the limit for advancement. We are hiring because of our growth and we want you to be a part of our growth story.
Position Overview: We are seeking a motivated Senior Tax Analyst to join our real estate private equity firm. As a Senior Tax Analyst, you will play a crucial role in ensuring compliance with tax regulations, optimizing tax strategies, and managing tax-related matters for our real estate investment portfolio. This position offers an exciting opportunity to develop and grow your career in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with a focus on real estate tax matters.
- Tax Research and Analysis: Conduct in-depth tax research and analysis on complex real estate tax issues, including in part partnership taxation, Section 1031 exchanges, and REIT considerations. Stay updated on changes in tax laws and regulations to ensure accurate advice and compliance.
- Tax Planning and Strategy: Collaborate with the tax team and investment professionals to develop and implement tax planning strategies for real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, and restructurings. Identify opportunities to optimize tax efficiency and minimize tax liabilities.
- Tax Compliance: Review federal and state tax returns within fund and JV structures. Ensure compliance with all relevant agreements, tax laws and regulations.
- Financial Reporting: Assist in the preparation of tax provisions and disclosures for financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and tax regulations. Coordinate with the accounting team to ensure accurate tax reporting.
- Tax Audits and Controversies: Support the tax team in managing tax audits, inquiries, and controversies related to real estate investments. Prepare responses to tax authorities and provide necessary documentation as required.
- Processes and Documentation: Maintain proper documentation and record-keeping to support tax positions and ensure compliance with tax regulations. Implement and improve tax processes and controls.
- Collaboration and Communication: Assist with collaboration with cross-functional teams, including finance, legal, acquisitions, asset management, property management, and operations, to obtain necessary information for tax planning purposes. Communicate tax-related matters effectively to internal stakeholders and external advisors.
- Team Support and Leadership: Support the tax team in various initiatives, such as process improvements and upskilling, training programs, and staying abreast of industry best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field. MST or CPA certification is preferred.
- 3 years of experience with partnership taxation in the real estate or private equity industry is preferred, and preferably experience with real estate transactions and REITs in a public accounting firm or a real estate private equity firm setting.
- Proficient with tax research tools with a strong desire to expand knowledge of federal and state tax laws and regulations, particularly in the real estate industry.
- Keen interest in analytics and technology tools, and proficiency in data analytics (Power BI) is a plus.
- Strong organizational and project management abilities, with the flexibility and adaptability to handle changing priorities and assignments.
- Effective communication skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, including opportunities for professional growth and development in a growing real estate private equity firm. Join our team and contribute to the success of our firm as you develop and advance in your career.